Evaluating Myself

What have you done well this year in English? Where should you have done better? Reading? Writing? Speaking? Were you conscientious about Independent Reading? Blogging? What are your strengths and weaknesses in English? Did you improve your habits? What bad habits remain? What was the best thing about English, and why? What did you like the least about the class? What grade do you think you deserve, and why? Write a blog entry in which you discuss and answer these questions.

These are my guiding questions for my blog. Okay. Im going to start now:

I'm not sure what i did well in english, but if i had to say something i guess i would say watching the movies and understanding what they were about. And i also enjoyed reading out the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet. I should have done better in paying attention in class and not inturupting the teacher so much.... but i cant help it. I also should have wrote my 1 blog a week but i dont think i did that many so i also need to do better in that. My strengths in English... hmmmm probably speaking and writing. I didnt improve on my habits unfortunatly, so i need to pay mroe attention on that. I still suck my thumb and leave my homework to the last minute and inturupt the teacher... but hey, im only human. Just kidding, i do need to work on those habits. I think the best thing about english is either reading, blogging ( if we get to choose what to blog on) or watching Shakespear in Love, ( that was a good movie) because i enjoyed doing those things. I didnt like discussing much because it was boring. I dont know what grade i deserve.

Thank you for reading my blog :)

Evaluating Myself

Thank you for reading my blog :)

Exams

This week, we had exams. I, like many other people HATE exams. But this year it wasnt so bad. Ofcourse sitting in the sports hall for basically 6 hours wasnt so fun, and in that time we either took an exam or revised for the next one. In revision time, i sat and listened to music or drew in my notebook. Another advantage about having exams is that you only have either 2 ( and wednesday we only had 1) then the rest of the time you can just relax. Our break and lunch times were also longer, and after lunch you just got to go home if you wanted!

Having exams were tiring and boring but i dont mind them that much anymore:)

Now we have resumed to normal classes and exams are finally over :D:D

May Holiday =]

During my May Holiday i may not have travelled anywere, but i sure did enjoy it! I spent my time relaxing, playing around, and hanging out with my friends. My Grandma and Great auntie Evon came over, and also my mom and dads friends from college ( Daniel and Sonia) with their children, Daniel junior and Natalie-Mae.

I watched movies, read a bit, played on the computer to use up some of the extra boring time i had. But i also went to seviar to hang out with my friend, and went bowling with Peter and Jake.

I had a sleepover with Ee anne and we went shopping, and swimming which i really enjoyed =). Then Caroline came back from her vacation in Thailand and she brought me back a top and shorts that i really liked. We also had a sleepover and i had lots of fun splashing about in the pool and playing around with the boys. It was nice and sunny during the holidays :)

I did get bored sometimes though :P But i still wish that the holidays lasted longer!

My (bad) habits

I have, like everyone else, bad habits. Everybody has bad habits, even your "role model", or your favourite author. Wouldnt life be so simple if we didnt have bad habits? But we have to learn from these habits, so that we realize what we are doing wrong and change it. Developing a bad habit is much easier than developing a good habit, since it requires much less effort and time, but once you do develop a good habit, you probably will be much prouder and happier with yourself! And in the long run, it helps you much more.

1. Sucking my thumb

2. When given homework, i do it at the last possible minute. For example, i was given homework on friday, i do it on sunday night, or even the next day in school at lunch!

3. Talking when the teacher is talking, or calling out in class.

4. Not remembering my homework, resulting from not writing it in my homework diary.

5. Well,... you get the point.

These are some of the habits that i want to change. How do i do it? In english, we have been reading Good Habits, Good students by Mr. Macknight. The book has helped me think of some ideas to stop some of my bad habits.

I think i should start my homework as soon as i get it, for a week, or until i just do it naturally, without thinking. I think i wouldnt worry as much, or think about it if i start to do my homework as soon as i get it. If it is a big project, i should do a bit everyday, for example i work 20 minutes on it each day, and then it could be well done, instead of rushed and messy if i did do it at the last minute. The results would be much better, and i would be worry-free knowing that i have finished my homework and i can get onto doing things that i like. Then i could enjoy what im doing much more than my mind reminding me, "i have homework! I have homework!"

Talking when the teacher is talking. This is another one of my bad habits. With this, i think i could change this by saving what i want to say until afterclass, or if its related to what the teacher is saying, then put my hand up instead of calling out. This is simple and effective because i not only dont annoy the teacher, i also can listen more to what the teacher is teaching us and learn more.

Not remembering my homework. This is one of my worse habits. When i recieve homework from the teacher i forget or cant be bothered to write it down, and then when i get home i forget what my homework is! If i started to change this bad habit, and write all my homework down somewhere, like my homework diary, i can remember my homework and not stress about getting in trouble (and ofcourse, get it done quickly!)

I also have a few other bad habits (like sucking my thumb definetly) i need to change. But i cant do all of this straight away. I need to work on one bad habit at first, and then when i've reached my goal in one of them, then go to the next. If i change bit by bit, i can be a better, more organized person.

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30