Evaluating Moi

I had a pretty good year here in this class and I enjoyed most of the time I had. We did a lot of things in class like write sonnets, read books, watch movies, write on the class blog, and learn other english-y stuff but the thing that I think I did pretty well was probably the independent reading, the sonnet, and writing on the class blog. I found all three of those fun so I guess I just happened to spend more time doing those things more than others. Even though I did those pretty well, I think I should improve on writing my reading journals. In the first part of the year, I wrote a reading journal as soon as I finish a book but after the first semester, I started slacking, putting off the reading journals until now. That's a really bad habit and that habit is probably the reason why I don't have a lot of new reading journals up for the past few months...sorry about that. Well that's probably the only thing I wasn't conscienctious about since I read every single night which is good!

In English, I have both strengths and weaknesses. Some of my strengths would be being able to read when called on in class, writing okay essays, reading everyday, and some others. I think my one weakness is not being able to organize my essays well enough to get a ten! That's always the part where I get a 7 or an 8 and it isn't cool. I guess I'll just have to improve on that when I write my next essay so no worries about that.

Well, I improved a bit on my bad habits since now I don't leave anything till last minute cause when I do that, something bad always happens which I thought was weird. After that one bad experience, I started doing everything the day it was assigned or the day after and working on it bit by bit everyday. Not a lot of my bad habits still remain although for some odd reason, I'm starting to suck on my fingers and bite my nails...which is not good. All in all, on the 'bad habits, good habits' subject, I'm pretty satisfied with that.

The best thing about English so far was reading The Giver and watching Romeo in Love. I thought that those two were the funnest (I know that funnest is not a word but I couldn't help using it...I really think people SHOULD make that a word) things we did this year. I enjoyed the discussions for both of them because they were really intriguing and I felt really into it. The thing that stuck out the most for Romeo in Love was the really really fake 'blood' which was basically just a plain red cloth that poofed out from the sword. I don't really think there was anything I least liked about this class...really. Everything was really interesting and that was one of the things that I enjoyed about this class...interestingness (I know it's not a word...but I had to use a word like that since I couldn't think of anything else).

I'm not really sure what grade I would deserve this class but I'll give it a try. Maybe an 8 out of 10. It really is up to Mr.MacKnight I think...

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • .